- What kind of food do you serve? (Answer)
- Oyamel features creative interpretation of the modern urban atmosphere of Mexico City: antitjitos—traditional snacks or small plates—authentic and creative tacos, ceviches, and impressive desserts. "Click here":http://www.oyamel.com/index.php/menus/ to read more about our dishes and view menus.
- Do you accept reservations? (Answer)
- Yes, we accept reservations for lunch and dinner. See the module at the bottom of this page to reserve. However, we strongly encourage walk-ins even if our reservation books are full; in order to guarantee we can meet our reservation commitments, we do not release every available table online. If you are unable to book online, please call the restaurant and we will make every attempt to accommodate you.
For groups of 12 or more people, please contact our Event Managers by "clicking here":http://www.oyamel.com/index.php/parties.
- What meals do you serve? (Answer)
- "Click here":http://www.oyamel.com/index.php/menus/ to see our menus and hours for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- What are your hours? (Answer)
- We open at 11:30 AM every day, and close at 10 PM (Su, M), 11:00 PM (T-Th) or midnight (F, S). "Click here":http://www.oyamel.com/index.php/menus/ for more details.
- Where are you located? (Answer)
- Oyamel is at the corner of 7th and D Streets NW in the Penn Quarter, Gallery Place/Chinatown section of D.C. "Click here":http://www.oyamel.com/index.php/contact for a map and metro info.
- Do you offer parking? (Answer)
- There are public lots in the Gallery Place/Chinatown/Penn Quarter area. Metered street parking is also available. "Click here":http://www.oyamel.com/index.php/contact for a map.
- Is there a dress code? (Answer)
- Oyamel does not have a dress code, but tends to be upscale casual.
- Can I throw a private party? (Answer)
- Yes, we would love to have you! Oyamel offers several private spaces and menus. "Click here":http://www.oyamel.com/index.php/parties for more information and to contact our Event Managers.
If you would like to serve the cuisine from Oyamel at your home or another location, we offer menus through our partner José Andrés Catering with Ridgewells. "Click here":http://www.joseandrescatering.com/mexican/ for sample menus and more information.
- Can I bring my own wine or birthday cake? (Answer)
- Yes, you are welcome to bring your own wine for a corkage fee of $20, or your own birthday cake for a $2.50 per person service charge. However, we are proud to offer a global wine list focused on varietal driven wines to enhance the Mexican dining experience
- Do you sell gift cards? (Answer)
- Yes! "Click here":http://www.oyamel.com/index.php/shop for more information and to order.
- Is Oyamel wheelchair accessible? (Answer)
- Yes, most of the restaurant is wheelchair accessible, including the bar and private dining room.
- What does Oyamel mean? (Answer)
- Every year, millions of monarch butterflies leave their homes in the US and Canada and migrate south to spend their winter in the mountains of Michoacán. The butterflies seek refuge in the oyamel tree, considered a sacred fir native to central Mexico. The forest appears to be draped in gold thanks to the thousands of butterflies covering the trees. Adding to the otherworldly quality of the place is the "shhhhhh" sound from the butterflies flapping their wings to stay warm. The locals welcome back the returning butterflies, which, because they appear about the time of Day of the Dead, they believe bear the spirits of their departed.
- Can you accommodate dietary preferences or restrictions? (Answer)
- Yes, our standard menus offer a wide variety of options for vegetarians, vegans, those who do not eat pork or shellfish, as well as those with allergies of all kinds. Please inform your server of your needs and ask for advice. We are always happy to oblige special requests.
If your allergies are potentially life-threatening, please call the restaurant before your visit and ask for a chef or manager. He or she will work with you to make special arrangements if necessary.
- Can I take public transportation? (Answer)
- Oyamel is easily accessible via public transportation and we are committed to promoting the use of sustainable transportation as a way to reduce local traffic congestion, air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. Please view "goDCgo.com’s":http://godcgo.com/home/get-me-there/tools-to-get-around/interactive-map.aspx interactive map.
Make a Reservation